- Bright in the Corner: Derbyshire Artist Exchange with artists from Mamelodi, Pretoria. The exchange project has developed from collaborative working projects in Mamelodi and Derbyshire, through an Igniting Ambition Project to create a production for Wirksworth Festival and Derby Feste, through to a final collaborative creative project to make performance work for the Cultural Olympiad East Midlands 2012. Learning Through Arts is a key partner in the management and delivery of the project.
- Up and Coming: Learning Through Arts’ core programme in developing, supporting and mentoring young artists in Derbyshire, both in creative education and in making their own work. In 2011 a group of four young professional theatre maker/musicians made a devised theatre piece with new music and projected image that was performed at Wirksworth Festival 2011. In 2012 two young choreographer dancers will create a new work with new music, as well as creating a new work for INdependDANCE.
- INdependDANCE at Edinburgh Festival 2012: In Transit, created by Debi Hedderwick and members of the Youth Dance Theatre Company, will be performed at the Fringe Festival at the SpaceUK on Niddry St, 20 – 25th August 2012, 2.20pm. The piece follows the journeys of child migrants past and present, who share experiences of loss, isolation and courage, ultimately finding hope in the kindness of others, using contemporary dance, and elements of projected image, text and live music.
- This is as example of LTA’s work with young people using performing arts and creativity to explore current affairs and important issue.
- DANCE! Young People with Disablilty: Dance artist, Debi Hedderwick, is working with Special Schools and Respite Centres in Derbyshire on a dance development programme for staff and students with PMLD, SLD, ASD and ADHD.
- Childrens Centres, Chesterfield and Buxton: Wendy Johnson, artist and creative development worker, is working with client groups at the Childrens Centres in Chesterfield to use visual arts to explore ideas for the future. Debi Hedderwick, dance artist, is working with client groups at Children’sCentres in Buxton on a dance and poetry project, with poet Matt Black based on his Nonsense Olympics Poetry Collection.
- Social Pedagogy and the Arts: LTA is working with Derbyshire County Council on its the development of its programme for arts and Social Pedagogy work in Childrens Homes in Derbyshire, particularly with Young People with Disabilities.